It is a matter of great pleasure to mention here that our beloved college Netaji Mahavidyalaya could have a new department of Music under the jurisdiction of The University of Burdwan in the auspicious year of 2013. In the academic year 2013-14, Honours Course in Music started to roll on with admission of a considerable number of students residing around Arambagh Sub-division of district Hooghly. Subsequently, with the utmost and heartiest efforts of the college authority, General course in Music started to make its right path of success with complete infrastructural arrangement since the academic year of 2014-15.
Meanwhile, to manage the works of proper and qualitative teaching which can make the students up to the mark, three Guest Lecturers, viz Indrani Roy, Aparna Biswas Chattopadhyay and Arnab Chatterjee have been engaged (through proper process of selection) with effect from 02.09.2013, 06.09.2013 and 08.11.2013 respectively. It will be not out of place to mention hear that the first batch of Honours Students of the Music department of the college achieved considerably good results in the part-I examination held by the University of Burdwan in the year 2014. After the introduction of General course in the said discipline, two Guest lecturers named Sagarika Basu and Tanaya Pal Choudhury have been engaged on and from 23.08.2014 for the sake of smooth running of works of teaching. It is expected that our students will be able to make better results in near future in the examinations conducted by the university.
|Indrani Roy||M.Mus, UGC NET- JUNE 2013||Guest Teacher||Rabindra Sangeet|
|Aparna Chatterjee Biswas||M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet||Guest Teacher||Rabindra Sangeet|
|Dr. Arnab Chatterjee||M.A. in Vocal Music, UGC-NET with JRF- JUNE 2010, M.Phil, Ph.D.||Guest Teacher||Indian Classical Music (Vocal), Theory of Indian Music|
|Sagarika Basu||B.A. (Hons.) in Vocal Music, M.A. in Musicology||Guest Teacher||Bengali Song, Musicology|
|Tanaya Pal Choudhury||M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet||Guest Teacher||Rabindra Sangeet|
- Music is like worshiping of ‘Eternal Beauty’. Therefore, all our aesthetic endeavour is directed towards transcending the finites into Infinite.
- We make our ‘Sadhana’ or ‘Reoaz’ or teaching-learning process by squatting down on floor with our instruments with respect to our Indian heritage and culture.
- Before starting the teaching-learning process we purify our minds through meditation with the eternal word ‘OM’ and the celestial sound of Tambura.
- We co-relate the Music with Science by using Acoustics, Tempo, Quarto and motivate the students to have a sense of co-relation with the other subjects and objects.
- Our motto is to generate the idea of ‘Page to Stage & Stage to Page’ as Music is a performing art as well as an ocean of knowledge.
- We generate a grooming session for the students as they can perform whole heartedly without any uncanny or fearless attitude.
- We generate the speech therapy as the students can produce accurate dialect which is very important for Vocal Music.
- The teaching-learning process are generally done by using microphone and sound system that students can get flexibility with microphone in a group or solo performance.
- Maximum number of inauguration program in our college is done by participation of Music Department.
- Celebrating the ‘SHAROD UTSAV’ or welcoming the Autumn, Teachers’ Day Celebration, Birthday Ceremony of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 23 rd January and various cultural programs are the feathers on the crown of Music Department.
- Teachers are just like ‘Friend, Philosopher & Guide’ and work as a Director, Facilitator & Mediator; therefore the student-teacher rapport is satisfactory.