- Inspiring the students to become ideal citizens of the nation by making them aware of their glorious cultural heritage and the rights from and duties to society.
- Offering scope for higher education to people of all walks of the society irrespective of class, caste, creed, sex etc.
- Preparing students with an eye to future examinations to avail job opportunities.
- Creating condition for the development of scientific attitude and environmental awareness among the students.
- Encouraging aesthetic spirit and taking care of the physical as well as ethical health of the students.
- Generating interest in Games and Sports, NCC, NSS etc.
- Nurturing such qualities as free thinking innovativeness, discipline, fellow feeling, secular attitude, the sense of national integration etc.
- Integrating the institution with the society by inculcating a sense of inter-dependence of the two.
- Building the institution as an ideal seat of learning and culture in the state as well as in the country in future.
- Ensuring simultaneous development of infrastructure and quality in the spheres of teaching-learning, research and extension, culture, sports and games and other activities of the college
- Reaching global standards in the said spheres by introducing post-graduate courses, developing national and international and linkage particularly at the level of research and publications and tie-up with industries and other concerns
- Striking a balance between the scientific and technological development in the said spheres and in the spheres of indigenous culture and heritage and thereby producing an ideal citizen of the nation as well as of the world
- Making the college one of the centers of excellence in the country
The two-storeyed building named after the freedom fighter “Bijoy Modak” of more than 20,000 sqft in size was constructed in 2005 to meet the growing need for classrooms, multi gymnasium hall, students’ common room and sky watching centre. Another 3-storeyed building of 21,000 sqft having an attractive architectural design was also constructed in 2007 having an accommodation for a well decorated office and an auditorium. The College has recently transformed the one-storeyed Girls’ hostel into a three storeyed one with the nice architectural view.
Recently the construction work of the second floor for the UGC building and that of the Science building has been completed. In addition, to that the construction of a separate library building with all the necessary facilities accompanied by a well furnished museum has been completed. In the same way, a Boys’ hostel with a sizable accommodation has already been constructed. To crown it all, the college is going to launch a smart classroom with necessary equipments and accessories to facilitate IT-oriented teaching-learning has per the demand of modern teaching methodology.
It is under the active consideration of the college authority to construct a separate laboratory building with modern equipments and facilities.
The college is going to launch a 20KW Grid Connected Solar PV Power Plant very shortly. It will serve the purpose of not only meeting the electricity load of the college but also injecting surplus generation in the grid. Surely, it will reduce the consumption of electricity and thereby, make a positive impact on the college administration, budget as will as environment. The college is also going to set up a District Rain Water Harvesting Model Demonstration Plant in order to create awareness among all concern about the usage of rain water for daily needs as well as to recharge and replenish ground water.
Netaji Mahavidyalaya – striving towards excellence
Netaji Mahavidyalaya, Arambagh is like an oasis. It springs knowledge, free thinking, discipline and secularism in its surroundings for the holistic development of the students. The establishment of this institution signalled the spread of formal education in this remote area of Arambagh.
Today it prides itself on offering 21 Honours Courses, 1 PG Course(Bengali) and 3 General Courses (BA, BSc and B.Com) under the University of Burdwan.
With its brilliant performance, this reputed college armed with NAAC accreditation, has given ample scope to the thousand of youngsters in Arambagh and its adjacent areas to fulfill their educational dreams.
The college has been tirelessly striving towards achieving the status of a Centre of excellence by virtue of its Advanced Infrastructure combined with its creative thinking under the dynamic leadership of the Principal and his team.
Well equipped laboratories along with all modern facilities available at the same campus have made the college the preferred destination for today’s generation.
Passionate endeavor of the highly experienced teachers of the college backed by the persevering staff members has lent a new dimension to its educational realm
|“Proper Organization and Management is the engineering force behind the exemplary growth of the college on all fronts. The college administration is fully democratic and decentralized, participatory management and synergy being the watchword of it. It’s a pride that Netaji Mahavidyalaya, Arambagh stands as an icon in the educational segment|